From 31 900€ per person
16 days / 15 nights
Morocco, Togo, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe & Zambia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Egypt
Organised trip by private plane to discover the African continent.
Next departure: Thursday 9 March 2024
Ready to fly?
Need information, want to book?
We are at your disposal!
Our African Odyssey will take you on a journey through the rhythms of the drums, the smell of spices, the infinite savannahs, through the history of this vast continent, land of exploration and adventure.
Next departure: Saturday 11 March 2023
Your itinerary in brief
|Days 1 - 2||Fez - The Queen of the Maghreb|
|Days 2 - 4||Lomé - Ebony Masks and Statues|
|Days 4 - 6||Sossusvlei - The Namib Dunes|
|Days 6 - 8||Cape Town - The Mother City|
|Days 8 - 10||Victoria Falls - The Rumbling Smoke|
|Days 10 - 12||Kigali - Discovering the Gorillas|
|Days 12 - 14||Kilimanjaro - Ngorongoro Crater|
|Days 14 - 16||Luxor - The Valley of the Kings|
Highlights of the trip
Days 1 - 2
Fez - The Queen of the Maghreb
Our first stop is Fez, the former imperial capital of the Cherifian Empire, now the Kingdom of Morocco. You will discover the fortified medina, the lively souks and the leather tanneries of what is still considered the spiritual centre of the country. In the evening, you will attend the first gala dinner of our Odyssey in a palace-like Riad.
Days 2 - 4
Lomé - Ebony Masks and Statues
Our air cruise continues to Lomé, capital of Togo, the smallest country in French-speaking West Africa. On the way to Togoville, you will pass through villages with typical round huts: you will be surprised by the animist practices of its inhabitants and the voodoo fetishes. A meeting with the Prince of these places will crown your day.
Days 4 - 6
Sossusvlei - The Namib Dunes
Fly to Namibia, where the dunes of the Namib Desert stretch as far as the eye can see and take on new colours as the sun rises. You will take advantage of this stay to explore the Sossusvlei region, its salars and clay seas. The colours of the sand and the star-filled skies will be vividly remembered.
Days 6 - 8
Cape Town - The Mother City
In a single flight, we land in Cape Town, South Africa, the rainbow nation of Nelson Mandela. From Table Mountain, you'll overlook the city of Cape Town, before watching the sun set over the sea.
The next day, you can choose to:
- Explore the Cape of Good Hope National Park, well known to great sailors,
- Visit the vineyards of the region, discovering the gastronomy and fine wines produced in these lands.
Days 8 - 10
Victoria Falls - The Rumbling Smoke
Arriving in Zimbabwe, you have lunch on the Zambezi River, the natural border with Zambia. Like Dr. Livingstone, you will walk along the banks of both countries and take in the vastness of the site on a helicopter flight. In the evening, you will take a step back into the colonial past as you dine on a vintage steam train over the river.
On this trip you will have the option of going on a boat safari in Botswana to the Chobe National Park, world famous for its large elephant population.
Days 10 - 12
Kigali - Discovering the Gorillas
We leave this magical place and fly to Central Africa to discover Rwanda, the land of a thousand hills, where you will visit the Volcanoes National Park.
The next day, you will go in search of the rare and endangered mountain gorillas during a morning hike. After this moving encounter, you will return to Kigali, the fast-growing African capital despite the wounds of the genocide.
Days 12 - 14
Kilimanjaro - Ngorongoro Crater
Our Odyssey would not be complete without a safari in the impressive Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania. Here giraffes, zebras, antelopes, elephants, warthogs (and meerkats) graze under the gaze of the Lion King. You will discover the unusual wildlife of the crater with your rangers, who are used to spotting animals from afar. A chic picnic lunch will complete this "Out of Africa" day.
Days 14 - 16
Luxor - The Valley of the Kings
The last leg of our journey will take us to Upper Egypt. Under the protection of Isis and Osiris, you will discover the wonders of the Valley of the Kings and Luxor along the nonchalant Nile. At the last minute, a surprise will take you back through the centuries to find Tutankhamun, Akhenaten and Nefertiti... so that you never forget one of the oldest civilizations in the world.
Carefully selected by the Ciels du Monde team, discover the accommodations of your trip.
Cape Town, South Africa
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel*****
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
The Victoria Falls Hotel*****
Hotel des Mille Collines****
Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge
Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor*****
Next departure dates
Saturday 11 to Sunday 26 March 2023
Saturday 9 to Sunday 24 March 2024
Prices and conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Sale
THE PRICE INCLUDES :
- The trip according to the number of days indicated by private plane (assigned seat for the entire trip),
- Accommodation in shared rooms in 5* hotels (local standard) or in the best accommodation available on the destination,
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the entire trip,
- Drinks on board the aircraft (champagne*, spirits*, wine*, beer*, soft drinks) and standard drinks at meals (wine,* mineral water, beer* and soft drinks),
- All transfers, excursions and visits included in the programme by coach, minibus, boat, 4×4 vehicle, train with French-speaking local guides (other languages, please consult us)
- The services of a cruise director and his team of escorts, a French-speaking doctor and/or nurse throughout the trip,
- Party nights according to the programme,
- All visa, immigration and customs formalities and baggage handling subject to local law in some countries,
- Luggage allowance: 1 or 2 pieces of luggage per person depending on the type of aircraft and/or the duration of the trip,
- Repatriation assistance insurance, airport taxes, various issue fees,
(*) alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, consume in moderation
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE :
- Drinks outside the programme (bars, minibar, etc.),
- Expenses of a personal nature (telephone, laundry, etc.),
- Optional excursions (to be found on each product sheet),
- Double room for single use (so-called "single room supplement") : consult us,
- Accommodation in Suites : consult us,
- Private excursions (guide and driver) at each port of call for two people or small groups: consult us,
- Pre/post arrival package in Paris including domestic flight or train, transfers and 2 nights in a 4* hotel: 850€ per person.
Our visa service will take care of all the visa procedures on presentation of the information to be provided after confirmation of your booking.
This service, worth an average of €300, is offered free of charge to all passengers.
As an indication, EU nationals must provide a passport valid for 6 months after the date of return with 4 free pages.
CONDITION OF REGISTRATION
Registration form duly completed and signed, returned by e-mail (scan) or post.
- 1st instalment: 30 % of the journey at the time of booking
- 2ᵉ deposit: 45 % of the trip, 90 days before departure
- Remaining balance (25% of the trip): 45 days before departure
Optional multi-risk cancellation insurance not included but highly recommended, to be taken out at the time of booking, for an amount equal to 6 % of the total amount of the trip.
Details of the conditions can be found in the insurance company's brochure enclosed with the application.
All cancellations must be communicated by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt and will incur the following cancellation fees depending on the date of receipt:
- 180 days or more before departure: 10 % of the travel price
- From 179 to 120 days before departure: 30 % of the travel price
- From 119 to 90 days before departure: 40 % of the travel price
- From 89 to 60 days before departure: 50 % of the travel price
- From 59 to 30 days before departure: 75 % of the travel price
- Less than 30 days before departure: 100 % of the travel price
All complaints must be sent as soon as possible and at the latest 20 days after the date of return by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt, enclosing supporting documents to
Skies of the World
29 rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud
PRICES AND CONDITIONS OF IMPLEMENTATION
Our prices are payable in Euros (€) and are firm, but may be subject to revision, in accordance with the conditions described below and the terms of the General Conditions of Sale, and Articles R.211-3 to R.211-11 of the Tourism Code.
Our prices are based on the economic conditions prevailing in 2022, including accommodation, transport, fuel, taxes and the exchange rate of the US dollar and the currencies of the countries concerned.
Airlines, aircraft types and airports are subject to change without notice and are given as an indication only. Likewise, some scheduled stopovers may be replaced, cancelled or reversed due to security criteria or external parameters beyond the organiser's control and impossible to anticipate when the trips are published on our 2022 commercial media. The same applies to certain hotels and excursions that could not be offered in the end for reasons of force majeure. These services will be replaced by similar services at least equal to those initially planned.
The trip may be cancelled if the group does not reach the minimum number of participants required for the type of aircraft. In the event of cancellation of the trip due to lack of participants or a significant increase in the price of the trip due to the exchange rate or to the increase in particular of taxes or oil, the customer will be informed at the latest 30 days before the departure. The client will have a period of 8 days from receipt of the notification to accept the new proposal or to request the cancellation of his registration, which will result in the reimbursement of the sums paid by the client, however, no compensation can be claimed.
In the event of cancellation due to force majeure, the client may not claim any compensation. Force majeure is characterised by the unpredictability, irresistibility and exteriority of the event that prevented the execution of the contract (C. civ. art. 1148).
In the event of voluntary interruption of the trip by the client, the latter shall not be entitled to any reimbursement, even partial, of either transport services or other services, the only exception being total or partial coverage by an insurance company depending on the contract taken out and within the limits of the latter only.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We actively support local initiatives that have been carefully selected for their positive impact on the environment. We work with our local partners to introduce you to these destinations through tours designed to preserve nature and respect the local population. We develop partnerships with international NGOs to deliver medical and educational supplies to selected destinations.